- This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.ecscomputers.co.uk
- ECS Computers are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
- Contact Details Our full details are: Full name of legal entity: ECS Computers Ltd Email address: [email protected] Postal address: 98-99 London Rd, King’s Lynn, PE30 5HA
2. What data we collect and what we do with it
- This includes data relating to any purchases of goods/services including (but not limited to) your name, title, billing/delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card information.
- We will only use this data to provide you with the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions for our accounts.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter such a contract.
- This includes (but is not limited to) any communication that you send to us through our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, online chats or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record-keeping and for the establishment, pursuance, or defence of legal claims.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- This includes (but is not limited to) data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, any login data, information regarding your choice of browser, length of visits to webpages, your journey through our website, how often you revisit the site, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system and cookies. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly maintain our website and help our business and to grow and define a marketing strategy.
- This includes (but is not limited to) data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this marketing
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which in this case is to grow our business.
- We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- This includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services.
- We process this data to operate our website effectively and ensure relevant content is provided to you. Like all companies, to ensure the security of our website we maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
Collection of Sensitive Data
- ECS Computers Limited does not collect any sensitive data about you.
- Under the GDPR, sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data – we have no need to collect this data so we do not.
3. How we obtain your data
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
- you agreed to receive marketing communications and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications
5. Disclosures of your personal data
- Other companies in our group who provide services to
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business with.
6. International transfer of your data
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data (there is a full list on the ICO website that you can look at) by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in use. (Note: Safe Harbour is invalid, and we will never trust a company with this certificate)
7. Data security
8. Data retention
9. Your legal rights
(Following this link opens a new browser tab and sends you to a website outside of ecscomputers.co.uk)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above or need to access your personal information that we hold on you, please email us at [email protected]We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you. If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. Third-party links
What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive which records how you move your way around a website in order to present tailored options based on the information stored about your previous visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics and remarketing.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.