Based in King’s Lynn, Barry’s Cars provide transportation and car services for businesses and other customers across Norfolk.
They have been running since 2003 and started being supported by ECS in August 2021.
- Company growth and a move led to their IT system being too complicated for their previous IT engineer.
- They were looking for an IT service provider that could better provide faster and more reliable support. They were also interested in increasing security on their devices and introducing consistent secure backups of their business-critical data.
- They had heard good things about ECS from other local businesses.
- Barry’s Cars were running on Microsoft Exchange 2010 when they started working with us in 2021. Support for Exchange 2010 ended on 13/10/2020, which meant Barry’s email system was in a vulnerable state from a security point of view.
- To rectify this, ECS migrated their emails to Office 365, which resolved this issue and ensured their email system had a high level of security.
- At this time Barry’s Cars were also recieving a high level of spam. ECS implemented a cloud-based anti-spam and email filtering solution to fix this issue and increase security levels.
- When ECS started supporting Barry’s Cars, their main server was running on Windows Server 2008 R2. Much like their Exchange server, this operating system was out of support leaving them without vital security updates needed to keep the business secure.
- To improve security and increase speed, ECS built, installed, and configured a new server and installed it on-site ironing out any potential issues at the time and decreasing the risk of downtime.
- As a part of their goal to increase security across their IT system, ECS have implemented an Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) anti-virus service to protect Barry’s Cars from even the most innovative malware using AI.
- ECS also introduced a secure managed cloud backup service which is fully monitored by ECS and retains a minimum of 28+ days of data, archiving and is fully protected and secured against malware.
- Alongside these solutions, ECS provide on-going IT support & monitoring to Barry’s Cars and Minibuses including proactive 24/7 monitoring and maintenance of their PCs and servers, on-site and help desk support.
We spoke to Jason, Director at Barry’s Cars and Minibuses about his experience with ECS.
- Client Name:
- Barry’s Cars & Minibuses Ltd
- Joined ECS